Home > B&B The Netherlands > B&B Groningen > Bed and breakfast De Dobbe
Bed and breakfast De Dobbe – Glimmen
Our guesthouse "DE DOBBE" is located in a separate garden house with own entrance, terrace, kitchen and bathroom on the edge of nature reserve Appelbergen in Glimmen.
The village of Glimmen is 10km south of the historic town Groningen. Haren is on cycling distance (5km) and has all facilities. Glimmen is located in a forest rich area on the "Hondsrug" and was founded in the early Middle Ages. The "Appelbergen" is a Forest just east of the village with swamps, pools ("Dobben") and sandy planes. Running through the Forest is a dirt road, "de Hoge Hereweg" an old Romain highway, on which our B&B is located. The stream "de Drensche Aa" runs besides the village Glimmen and with this the outmost northern point of the "National stream and esdorpside Drentsche Aa". A rustic and rural place to live, work and relax. The village is easily accessible via the motorway A28. Currently Glimmen has a population of around 1800 inhabitants.
The spacious guest stay includes a living/bedroom with two wonderful one person boxspring beds (with the option to slide them together and form a single two person bed). The bathroom includes a shower, toilet and sink. The kitchen is equipped with gas cooker, microwave and refrigerator with freezer. Besides that there is a coffee machine and kettle with an unlimited use of both coffee and tea. The house has its own entrance and terrace and is fully equipped with floor heating. The terrace, which offers full privacy, has a great view of the garden and the surrounding countryside and is equipped with chairs, a picnic table and parasol. For a romantic evening you can light up the firepit (wood is provided). Please feel welcome at "de DOBBE", a pleasant stay for those of you that seek peace and quiet, romantics, seniors, hikers, bikers and business guests. Please be advised that our B&B is suitable for a longer stay. Free parking is available on our own ground.
Upon arrival B&B de DOBBE will present you with a refreshing welcoming drink.
In the adjacent forest Appelbergen there are two walking routes crossing heath and sandy planes, passing by the pools and swamps (be cautious of adders) and offers you a spectacular view of the edge of the "Onner Esch". In the area is a wide variety of walking- and cycling routes. These routes will take you over the Drentsche hills and the National stream and Esdorpside @ Aa with all its polders, Forrest's and "Essen". You will cross the beautiful stream the Drentsche Aa multiple times on your journey. All information about these routes is available in the B&B and on our website.
The guesthouse is a stone through distance away from the most famous long distance walking route Holland has to offer - the "Pieterpad" (235km) and on 1km off the area path "Drentepad" (324km). For the bike enthusiast the B&B is just off the long distance bike route "Saksenroute" (240km) and for the ultimate long distance cyclists on the Round of Holland (1300km). For both routes de DOBBE is an excellent place to spend the night to be able to proceed the route clean and fresh the next day. The B&B also serves as a perfect place to explore both the Provence Groningen and Drenthe.
For availability of the B&B please check our calendar on the website of DE DOBBE.
As stated all walking and cycling routes are available. Upon request we also offer you the option to use two of our bikes. A laundry service is also available for a small contribution. We also offer you the option to use our grocery service, so all the ingredients for your meal are already present upon arrival. Wi-Fi is included.
- two one person boxspring beds (with the option to slide them together), linen is included
- own bathroom including a shower, sink and toilet, towels are included
- tv, blue-ray, ceiling fan, Wi-Fi, terrace, picnic table, lawn chairs, parasol and firepit
- all is on ground level
- own kitchen including refrigerator with freezer, gas cooker, microwave, coffee machine and kettle
- floor heating throughout the whole house
- own entrance
- no pets allowed
In the morning you will be aroused by the rising sun and during the summer you can have your delicious breakfast on your private terrace in the garden. This luxurious guesthouse is a completely equipped living- and bedroom with a comfy couch, dining table, and two one person boxspring beds. There is also a kitchen with refrigerator, gas cooker and microwave. The bathroom is equipped with a shower, sink and toilet. The whole guesthouse is provided with floor heating and for the warm summers there is a ceiling fan present. Guests have their private entrance and terrace.
Price for 1 person per night € 55,50
Price for 2 persons per night € 76,-
Price are valid both in and off season and include an extensive breakfast, use of bed linen and towels.
Check in is between 16.00 and 20.00; check out between 07.00 and 10.30 (exact time to be discussed)
- for a stay over 5 nights the price for a single person per night is € 50,50 and for two persons € 71,- per night
- you are requested to pay in cash upon arrival or upfront (minimum 2 working days before arrival)
- we do not accept credit or debit cards
- show of ID upon arrival is mandatory
- all prices include 6% VAT, breakfast and tourist tax
- bike rent € 5,00 per day
- laundry service € 3,00 per batch
- grocery service: to be discussed
- pick up and delivery by car: for long distances prices to be discussed
- Credit cards
An extensive breakfast is served in your guesthouse with delicious fresh baked bread!
- Car park
Free parking is available on our own ground.
Bike rent € 5,00 per day
No pets allowed
- Disabled persons
Not suitable for wheelchair users. No stairs.
- Internet / wireless access
Wireless internet is free of charge.
*: Prices are estimates and are subject to change. For the most recent prices, please check the website of this accommodation.
Are you the owner of this accommodation? Manage your pages here.
Hoge Hereweg 48
9756 TJ Glimmen
Other bed & breakfasts in Glimmen and its environs
- Hoeve van de Nieuwe Stukken 9.0 – Vries (7 km)
- Aunty – Kolham - Slochteren (8 km)
- Bed and Breakfast Stadspark Groningen 7.8 – Groningen (9 km)
- Nummer 15 – Groningen (9 km)
- De Amshoff – Kiel-Windeweer (10 km)
- Bed and Breakfast de Zwarte Kat – Groningen (11 km)
- Hunze-pleisterplaats – Aa en Hunze (11 km)
- De Paardeblom – Taarlo (12 km)
- Huize te Lieveren – Noordenveld (12 km)
- B & B fam. Krabben 9.2 – Assen (16 km)
- Bij de Molen – Aa en Hunze (Rolde) (18 km)
- B&B Het Loshoes – Nijlande (Assen/Rolde) (19 km)