Home > B&B The Netherlands > B&B Gelderland > De Distelkamp
De Distelkamp – Dodewaard
De Distelkamp is a large historic farmhouse typical for the Betuwe. The barns are in use as a bookbinding business. Large gardens and an orchard surround the house. A huge old copper beech dominates the front garden. In summer you are welcome to find a suitable spot for relaxing in the garden.
Guests have the run of the living room with lots of books and magazines in many languages. As we aim for your total relaxation, we do not offer TV of radio in the rooms or the living room. If work really cannot be avoided, an internet connection is available.
Breakfast is served in the sunny breakfast corner with fruit, jams and nuts from the orchard and garden. If our hens co-operate, freshly laid eggs are served at breakfast.
B&B de Distelkamp has three guestrooms: the red thistle room (distel = thistle!), the blue thistle room and the yellow thistle room. From January 2005, all rooms have their own private bathroom. Two rooms are tastefully decorated in country style. A third room, the yellow thistle, has been turned into a magical Harry Potter room.
A cot for small children is available and for older children, an extra mattress can be put on the floor of the red thistle or HP-room.
The red thistle is the largest and sunniest room. It has a double bed, a small sitting area and two cupboards. Your private bathroom is across the landing, with furry bathrobes available for ‘transit’.
The blue thistle is a smaller and very cosy room with yellow walls. It has twin beds and an ensuite bathroom.
The yellow thistle has been turned into a Harry Potter room. It has twin beds and you are sleeping with half posters and the night sky above you. Owls and a dragon guard you at night. Your private bathroom is across the landing with furry bathrobes available for 'transit'. The Harry Potter room is super romantic and not only a success with kids!
For kids, however, many Harry Potter and other games are available to keep boredom away.
In 2007 our prices are:
- 75 euro per room per night for two persons
- 55 euro per room per night for one person
- 20 euro per extra person per night
- 60 euro per room per night without breakfast
Payment is in cash only and on arrival in case of longer stay than one night.
Dogs are welcome after consultation only.
B&B de Distelkamp is a smoke free accommodation.
*: Prices are estimates and are subject to change. For the most recent prices, please check the website of this accommodation.
Are you the owner of this accommodation? Manage your pages here.
Eveline Vaane & Wim Kamsteeg
6669 DH Dodewaard
Other bed & breakfasts in Dodewaard and its environs
- B&B Familie Van Vliet – Hernen (8 km)
- B&B Heuvel Hoeve – Heelsum (9 km)
- Onder Ons – Rhenen (10 km)
- Bed and Breakfast Waaldijk – Lingewaard (14 km)
- Altijd Zon Bed en Breakfast 9.3 – Oss (Berghem) (17 km)
- Landgoed Lievendael – Velp - Grave (18 km)
- B&B Het Gasthuys – Amerongen (19 km)
- B&B Oss Centraal – Oss (19 km)
- B&B De Utrechtse Heuvelrug – Amerongen (19 km)
- B&B Aan de Bagijnstraat – Malden (20 km)
- Landgoed Zuylestein – Leersum (20 km)
- De Beijlevelds Hofstede – Rijnwaarden (27 km)