Home > B&B Portugal > B&B Algarve > The Art of Joy
The Art of Joy – Monchique
Experience The Art of Joy
Registo nº 7243/AL
We invite you to find tranquillity in our Bed and Breakfast and Wellness `The Art of Joy´ and to enjoy the peace, great scenery, the spacious sun area with swimming pool, the amazing view from the Jacuzzi and the beautiful natural surroundings. The Art of Joy means the art of enjoying life at a beautiful spot. We are an ecolodge and provide you with water and electricity in an ecological way.Our Casa is a starting point for fun and adventurous excursions: the south coast with impressive rock formations, peaceful beaches on the west coast, tours with dolphins, picturesque villages like Silves and Caldes de Monchique and wonderful walks through the adjacent National Park of Serra de Monchique.
Children are welcome from 14 years and older to ensure the ambience of tranquillity and peace.
1. Comfortable accommodation with top quality box spring mattresses: Bed and Breakfast rooms and apartments. To make it comfortable for you in winter we provide central heating and on top in the apartments wood burning stoves.
There are many beautiful routes in and around The Art of Joy. You can: Explore the scenery on your own route descriptions or you can participate in organized walking excursions in the natural world around The Art of Joy.
3. Individual Coaching and Counselling: Coaching while walking, Massage, Palm and Tarot reading.
The Apartments are situated on the ground floor with a terrace and a comfortable view of the garden, the swimming pool and coastline. Both are tastefully decorated. The living room has an excellent sleeping sofa which allows you to bring in several quests. Kitchenette, refrigerator, electric range, microwave, an espresso machine, an electric water kettle, cd player and ventilator are included. The cool bedrooms have top quality mattresses with spring boxes plus shower, toilet and bidet. To make the apartments comfortable and cosy also in winter, we provide wood burning stoves. Due to an eventual late arrival it is possible to have a free breakfast only upon the 1ste day.
Two Bed and Breakfast rooms
These cosy spacious and comfortable double rooms are situated in the original house. They have their own style and are furnished with box spring mattresses, shower, bath and bidet. Free coffee on the house of the Jura espresso machine, an electric water kettle, cups, glasses, coffee/tea/sugar, and ventilator, are found in each room. The rooms have central heating on an ecological basis to keep you comfortable in winter.
The rooms and apartments have wireless, towels for shower and pool and bathrobes for the jacuzzi.
Weekly rate for an apartment for two guests:
- Low season from October to May:€ 450,-
- High season from May to October: € 500,-
- For an additional guest: € 90,- per week.
Daily rate double room:
- Low season from October to May:€ 65,-
- High season from May to October:€ 75,-
Daily rate double room, used by one person:
- Low season from October to May:€ 55,-
- High season from May to October:€ 65,-
- Credit cards
Breakfast is included for the rooms and can be enjoyed at your leisure in the lounge or on the outside patio.
Monchique is about 3 miles from us and there you can find many facilities like supermarkets and restaurants. On the way to Monchique you will find seven restaurants, the nearest being only ½ a mile from us.
- Car park
A Parking space is on our terrain
- Disabled persons
- Internet / wireless access
*: Prices are estimates and are subject to change. For the most recent prices, please check the website of this accommodation.
Are you the owner of this accommodation? Manage your pages here.
Annelies van der Zee
Estrada da Foia
Registo nº 7243/AL
Other bed & breakfasts in Monchique and its environs
- Casa Monchique – Monchique (3 km)
- Casa Spa d'Alma – Monchique (3 km)
- Tapada do Gramacho – Silves (14 km)
- Casa Grande Vale 9.5 – Silves (20 km)
- Herdade dos Frades – Lagos (23 km)
- A Conquista 9.7 – Paderne, Albufeira (34 km)
- Solar Das Flores – Albufeira (38 km)
- Casa la dona – Loule (51 km)
- B&B Casal da Eira – Sao Bras de Alportel (60 km)
- O Nosso Mundo – São Domingos (64 km)
- Casa dos Caminhantes – Santa Catarina da Fonte do Bispo (69 km)
- Bed and Breakfast Portugal O Tartufo – Moncarapacho (72 km)
Experiences from previous visitors
Stay: December 2012
Written on 24 January 2013 by Rupert van Borssem Waalkes (Couple, age 35-44)
Heerlijke vakantie die je blijft herinneren. Ten eerste is het een prachtige plek met uniek uitzicht (vooral van genieten vanuit de Jacuzzi), warme ontvangst en elke dag goede wandel tips of advies voor excursies. Je hoeft je niet voor te bereiden. Uitstekende gastvrouw- en gastheer, zeer uitgebreid ontbijt met veel verse- en huisgemaakte produkten. Heerlijk afwisselend wandelgebied en geijkt om te onthaasten en bij te komen. Wij hebben in een tijd niet zo gelachen, je voelt je er meteen thuis, dankjewel Annelies en Eugene!!