Home > B&B The Netherlands > B&B Friesland > Zathe De Spieker
Zathe De Spieker – Itens
Our “head-neck-body” farmhouse Zathe De Spieker is situated on a country road. The stables of this farm have been completely rebuilt to form two luxurious, spacious and stylishly furnished guest rooms with a separate entrance and each with its own shower/toilet and satellite TV.
In the morning you will be served in the breakfast room – with the French windows open - with a wonderful, lavish Frisian breakfast with free-range eggs from our own hens. Under the shelter of the coach-house is the guests’ terrace, from which you can look out over the fields of the Frisian Grasslands.
The barn owl is a regular visitor to our barn. Behind the owlboard (triangular window at the top of the roof) is the owl box, where, if you’re lucky, young owls are being reared.
The history of the farm definitely goes back to 1511, the name Spycker (old Frisian for grain store) having been stated in various documents from 1543 onwards. The present farmhouse was built around 1890.
The history of the Zathe De Spieker definitely goes back to 1511, the name Spycker (old Frisian for grain store) having been stated in various documents from 1543 onwards.
The name Spijcker (or Spycker or Spieker) comes from the latin word spicarium, which stands for ear of corn. In old Fries Spijcker means granary.
The present farmhouse was built around 1890. The milk cellars of the farm aren't situated below the hall but in the barn.
2-Guestrooms: Every room with private bathroom/toilet and satellite-TV and furnished with a double bed, hanging cupboard, writing table and easy chairs. On request a third bed can be placed. Every room has its own style.
Based on 2 persons using 1 guestroom:
- The price per night is: € 70,00 (additional € 5 for 1 night)
- Extra for a third person: € 25,00
- Children aged 3 till 12 on the room of their parents: € 15,00 per child
- Children younger then 3 years old are free
Based on 1 person using 1 guestroom:
- The price per night is: € 45,00 (additional € 5 for 1 night)
All prices include breakfast and local taxes.
Renting a bicycle € 5,00 per day.
Pets ar not allowed.
Totally non smoking.
- Disabled persons
The bed and breakfast accomodation is completely on the ground floor
*: Prices are estimates and are subject to change. For the most recent prices, please check the website of this accommodation.
Are you the owner of this accommodation? Manage your pages here.
Marleen en Rob van der Meer
8735 HH Itens
Other bed & breakfasts in Itens and its environs
- Le Petit Vallon – Saint- Leonard Vosges (0 km)
- B&B Ninetyfive – Keerbergen (0 km)
- B&B taniaburg,leeuwarden 8.5 – Leeuwarden (17 km)
- Leeuwarder bed and breakfast Molenzicht – Leeuwarden (19 km)
- BijDeGraaf – Finkum (21 km)
- B&B Gastopstal – Tytjerksteradiel (21 km)
- Familie Rodenhuis 10.0 – Skarsterlan (Joure) (25 km)
- 't Heitje Friesland 7.5 – Lemsterland (30 km)
- Binneninn – Dongeradeel (34 km)
- De Bolstienpleats – Dongeradeel (37 km)
- BenB Wetsens – Dongeradeel (38 km)
- De Wadloper – Moddergat (45 km)
Experiences from previous visitors
Stay: September 2008
Written on 25 December 2008 by Henk (Family with young children, age 26-34)
Een prima Bed and Breakfast op een prachtige plaats in Friesland. Rust en ruimte en toch dichtbij alle grotere steden in Friesland. Prachtige en zeer ruime kamer en een prima verzorgd ontbijt. Charmante gastvrouw. Door de geiten en loslopende kippen prima geschikt met (jonge) kinderen. Zeker aan te raden.